Session 16
Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown
Place: Outdoors - Camping



Pack Alpha
Elodoth Iron Master
Voice of the Pack
Played by Adam Betts
Read Marcus's Blog




Ithaeur Bone Shadow
Mind of the Pack
Played by Ben Harris
Read Eric's Blog




Irraka Iron Master
Wits of the Pack
Played by Chris Boyer
Read Deacons's Blog



Sacrificed his life to destroy Simmons
Died During Session 13
Former Pack Alpha
Rahu Blood Talon
Played by Alex Eichen
Read Nails's Blog




Healing Scar's GM
White & Nerdy
Eithan's MySpace


Moon Phase Info

Full Moon - Rahu
Gibbous Moon - Cahalith
Half Moon - Elodoth
Crescent Moon - Ithaeur
New Moon - Irraka

Page Hits:   

View Detailed Web Stats





Atom Feed

XML - Feedburner

Site powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A New Experiment

I’m going to try something new with the session summaries. If this experiment fails, I will revert back to the old way of doing things. In the past, I have been trying to write out detailed descriptions of every character's actions during the session. The problem is that the summaries turn into pages upon pages of text. My free time is slipping away more and I’ve struggled a lot these past few weeks to crank out the summaries. While I believe that the descriptive content is important, I’d like to approach writing them from a different angle.

The next session summary will be posted in a more condensed format than the last few. I am trying to limit the length of the initial post to about 2-3 pages. With the old system, players used the comment system to note any mistakes or additions. Then, I would edit the post and correct the necessary information. Instead I would like to cut out myself as a middle-man.

After the initial posting, I want to give the players FULL ACCESS to edit the session sumary post however they see fit. If a particular passage needs more description, simply add a paragraph or two. The comment system then can act as a log to note anyone’s major changes. So, if you alter a major section of the text, just post a brief comment about what you changed. Note: Small things, like spelling corrections or a sentence restructure really don’t need to be documented as a comment.

We’ll try this format out for the Session 8 Summary. If it sucks, then we’ll go back to the old method. The major advantage would be the speed of documentation. It will take much less time for me to crank out a brief summary (that can be edited) versus writing a more detailed one. Then I can concentrate more time on writing the next session, and you'll all have the summaries posted a bit faster.

Comments, questions, gripes? My ears are open.

Labels:

Comments on "A New Experiment"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/31/2006 4:10 PM) : 

Anything to make your job easier is fine by me, Eithan. You've got a lot to work out, and it sounds like your life is a little rough, so whatever works.

That having been said, I believe that there is a great potential for specific player spotlight, as we bicker back and forth about who was cooler at which point. We all dig our in-game shit, and I worry that any changes we make will go from trivial to 'ERIC SKY KILLED T3H WYRM CUZ HE IZ GR8'. Perhaps if we as players conglomerate before posting anything definitive, it may not be so bad. We'll have to work as our own system of checks and balances.

That's all.

-Ben


 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/02/2006 2:33 PM) : 

Love it.
When is the next update scheduled ?


 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/02/2006 3:12 PM) : 

Well, session summary 8 is should have been posted DAYS AGO. I was going to post it today but (insert excuse #13) I need to fine tune a few more elements of the doc before I post it. Tomorrow (fingers crossed) is the day I plan on posting it, which is also the day we actually play the next session (session 9, if you’re counting).

I'm glad you like our site. I wish there were more White Wolf fan sites like this out on the net. I used to search for ‘em out on the Dark Spiral, but 99% of those pages are terribly outdated.

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you find our site?


 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/04/2006 8:29 AM) : 

Ummm... can't remeber for sure, but it must have been through the official WW forums...


 

post a comment