Session 16
Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown
Place: Outdoors - Camping



Pack Alpha
Elodoth Iron Master
Voice of the Pack
Played by Adam Betts
Read Marcus's Blog




Ithaeur Bone Shadow
Mind of the Pack
Played by Ben Harris
Read Eric's Blog




Irraka Iron Master
Wits of the Pack
Played by Chris Boyer
Read Deacons's Blog



Sacrificed his life to destroy Simmons
Died During Session 13
Former Pack Alpha
Rahu Blood Talon
Played by Alex Eichen
Read Nails's Blog




Healing Scar's GM
White & Nerdy
Eithan's MySpace


Moon Phase Info

Full Moon - Rahu
Gibbous Moon - Cahalith
Half Moon - Elodoth
Crescent Moon - Ithaeur
New Moon - Irraka

Page Hits:   

View Detailed Web Stats





Atom Feed

XML - Feedburner

Site powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Touched by VAST

Simply put, "Touched" is a powerful song. It sparks a tribal flame with its chanting refrain. I’d like to take a moment and explain the significance of this song. Kindly observe the lyrics to the Healing Scar's theme song "Touched" by Vast:

Touched, you say that I am too
So much, of what you say is true
I'll never find someone quite like you again
I'll never find someone quite like you, like you
The razors and the dying roses
Plead I don't leave you alone
The demi-gods and hungry ghosts
Oh god, god knows I'm not at home
I'll never find someone quite like you again
I'll never find someone quite like you again
I, I looked into your eyes and saw
A world that does not exist
I looked into your eyes and saw
A world I wish I was in
I'll never find someone quite as touched as you
I'll never love someone quite the way
That I loved you

But what does this mean? I remember hearing this song for the first time (thanks to Jarrett) and thinking the melody was perfect but the lyrics were off. At first glance the song seems personal, a lover’s quest through love, rejection, and ultimately acceptance over their partner’s perfection. The Uratha do not display this feeling, or do they? After several more listenings I thought on the lyrics deeper and a connection was made. Allow me to attempt to explain. "Touched" is about dying love. And, if you twist its initial conveyances, “Touched” represents the relationship between the Forsaken and Mother Luna. The narrator is the Uratha, who long for the time before the gauntlet, before the death of Father Wolf. It is a twisted love, for as a parent she cursed her sons and daughters on the night of that kill. Her love is pure, but it is not kind. “The razors and the dying roses” represent the challenges each Werewolf must overcome: the Shadow, Incarnae, the Pure, even themselves. And the bit about “looking into her eyes”… as I experience this particular moment of the song I envision a wolf-form Uratha gazing at the night sky, staring into the full moon, the physical representation Luna. The world that Luna envisions does not exist, perhaps it never can. But, if we give in to doubt, if we allow ourselves to not believe (much like the Pure), we loose her love and then… everything.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Touched by VAST"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/11/2006 8:36 AM) : 

The new picture rocks, Eithan. Alex and I also threw up some new posts if you're interested.


 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/11/2006 12:17 PM) : 

Thank you. I scrounged up a few pictures of Hyde Park and I’m trying to use them as a background for some images.

I’ve commented on both yours and Alex’s posts. As said before, feel free to give yourself 1 exp point for each post. Also, if anyone wants to write any role-playing essays (such as the few that I’ve recently posted) feel free to do so. I really enjoy sharing my thoughts and I’m sure you guys would have some interesting content regarding that subject.


 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/11/2006 10:46 PM) : 

So, pictures... looking good! But when you check Boyer's blog, it's a picture of Nails! Forthcoming? Also, I'm good not this Friday but the following. Can we establish this in advance?


 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/12/2006 8:06 AM) : 

You are correct about Chris's picture. If you check his blog now then you'l notice that it's been fixed.

Next Friday works for me, and I'm currently writing a script for our main page that will display the next session date, allowing users the ability to comment and confirm that date. It will be posted shortly.


 

post a comment