Session 16
Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown
Place: Outdoors - Camping



Pack Alpha
Elodoth Iron Master
Voice of the Pack
Played by Adam Betts
Read Marcus's Blog




Ithaeur Bone Shadow
Mind of the Pack
Played by Ben Harris
Read Eric's Blog




Irraka Iron Master
Wits of the Pack
Played by Chris Boyer
Read Deacons's Blog



Sacrificed his life to destroy Simmons
Died During Session 13
Former Pack Alpha
Rahu Blood Talon
Played by Alex Eichen
Read Nails's Blog




Healing Scar's GM
White & Nerdy
Eithan's MySpace


Moon Phase Info

Full Moon - Rahu
Gibbous Moon - Cahalith
Half Moon - Elodoth
Crescent Moon - Ithaeur
New Moon - Irraka

Page Hits:   

View Detailed Web Stats





Atom Feed

XML - Feedburner

Site powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 25, 2005

And So We RPG'ed

It's been a long time (almost a year) since I've roleplayed. THAT'S A LONG TIME. Honestly, I was dreadfully scared that I'd somehow lost the thrill of it all in my absence of gaming.

Bow howdy, was I worried for nothing.

Thanks to Adam, Alex, and Ben for kicking arse. Weaving stories is such a blast when characters are attuned to the world around them. And you guys most certainly were.

I'm not sure how I'm going to post the happenings of each session as of yet. For now, I'm going to post a list of things I liked and disliked about our gaming processes. I might list a few nitpicks here and there; mostly complaints towards myself.

Likes

  1. Creative Combat. I F'ing love it when people use the environment to their advantage. Not only does it liven the fighting, but it makes the scenes more believable.
  2. LARP/Table top transition. I really liked the pace of shifting between these two forms. And not once did I have to urge characters to do this, you folks knew when scenes dictated a storytelling form. That shows the signs of experienced players.
  3. Fluidity. Time wasted screwing around = ZERO. That was a very focused bit of playing.

Dislikes

  1. Alex's CD player. It is the electronic bane of my existence. We'll have to work out something else in the future.
  2. Voice over narrations. That was my bad. I need to brush up on that a bit. Perhaps I'll write out certain key passages instead of going for the improv route. I really want certain scenes to hold a level of weight to them and I'm don't want to rob them of this.

In case you're interested (probably not) here's the list of music I used. I am a dork and will provide a CD copy upon request, for the also dorky folk.

  1. Vast - Touched (3:58)
  2. Richard Gibbs - Are You Alive? (5:34)
  3. Richard Gibbs - Thousands Left Behind (2:15)
  4. Billy Corgan - Disconnected (3:47)
  5. Orbital - I Don't Know You People (7:47)
  6. The Cardigans - Erase/Rewind (3:36)
  7. Phillip Glass - Metamorphosis One (5:38)
  8. Gorillaz - White Light (2:08)
  9. Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy [Pappy Mix] (4:21)
  10. Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy [Mummy Mix] (4:24)
  11. Vast - Cello Song (4:36)
  12. Gorillaz - El Manana (3:50)
  13. Vast - Thrown Away (4:00)
  14. Billy Corgan - To Forgive For Nothing Less (3:58)
  15. Orbital - Know Where To Run (9:42)
  16. Vast - Don't Take Your Love Away (4:56)
  17. Vast - I Don't Have Anything (3:45)

Labels: , ,

Comments on "And So We RPG'ed"

 

post a comment