Session 16
Date: Unknown
Time: Unknown
Place: Outdoors - Camping



Pack Alpha
Elodoth Iron Master
Voice of the Pack
Played by Adam Betts
Read Marcus's Blog




Ithaeur Bone Shadow
Mind of the Pack
Played by Ben Harris
Read Eric's Blog




Irraka Iron Master
Wits of the Pack
Played by Chris Boyer
Read Deacons's Blog



Sacrificed his life to destroy Simmons
Died During Session 13
Former Pack Alpha
Rahu Blood Talon
Played by Alex Eichen
Read Nails's Blog




Healing Scar's GM
White & Nerdy
Eithan's MySpace


Moon Phase Info

Full Moon - Rahu
Gibbous Moon - Cahalith
Half Moon - Elodoth
Crescent Moon - Ithaeur
New Moon - Irraka

Page Hits:   

View Detailed Web Stats





Atom Feed

XML - Feedburner

Site powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Character Blogs

I’m moderately pleased to announce that the individual character mini-blogs (call them what you will) have been published. Currently all three blogs have the same look and feel but, with some excellent user input, I hope for that to change. These are your blogs so let me know how you want them to look and I’ll do my best to reflect that.

To use these blogs the players first responds to the blog invitation email I sent days prior. Last I checked Adam and Ben have accepted, leaving Alex the only one who hasn’t responded yet. By responding you will become a moderator of your blog. From that point forward, you can add, delete, or edit posts at your whim. Moderators also have the power to change the template design of their blog. If you have little to no experience in web development, I would kindly suggest leaving this section alone. If you want anything changed “style-wise” I am always an email or a phone-call away.

The first post in each blog was just a test post to check its functionality. It says something to the effect of “This is a test post for the character, yada-yada.” Once in control of your blogs I suggest deleting that post and adding something more relevant. The exact process of how much experience to award for posting in the blogs is still up for debate. If anyone has any ideas let me know; I welcome comments and suggestions.

To view your blogs, click on the links below. And, for the extremely web-savvy, anybody can click on the newly created links in the pack section of the sidebar (on the right of this page) to check the blogs out. Just look for the open book icons and you’ve found the links. I also linked your blogs to your character’s names that appear on the sidebar. So if you click on the “Eric Sky Ben H.” image you will be transported to the blog as well.

So there you have it, three different ways to access your character blogs. I think, in this case, repetition is a good thing. As always, just direct any question to me and I’ll answer away.

Eric Sky’s Blog: http://eric-sky.blogspot.com

Marcus Blair’s Blog: http://marcus-blair.blogspot.com

Nicholas “Nails” DeWinter’s Blog: http://nicholas-dewinter.blogspot.com

Technical Note, for the Techies: The Healing Scars blog, and your individual character blogs, have been coded using CSS and XHTML. Though I detest the notion of using JavaScript, several scripts I run (web stat counter, moon phase, etc.) contain JavaScript code. If either the Web Stat Counter or the Moon Phase script do not appear to be working, you might have to change your browser settings to allow for JavaScript. The blog “style layouts” function universally in standard web browsers, including Internet Explore, Firefox, and Netscape. I have not tested our code in any of the other “gecko-based” browsers but will do so in the very near future. Also I recommend viewing these blogs with a screen resolution of at least 800 x 600, preferably 1024 x 768. With anything less than 800 x 600, the tables get a bit cluttered. News junkies should take pleasure in our site feeds, published in Atom and Feedburner. I am also adding an XML feed, when I have the time. That is all. Mumbo jumbo tech talk over.

Labels:

Comments on "Character Blogs"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/08/2005 11:19 AM) : 

I've made a post as of today, and I'll be posting the events after the final two trials later on. Yay.

Also, Eithan, I think I want a darker background, but I'd like to experiment. I'm not too sure yet, the white is actually pretty cool, but are there any templates you have set up from which I could choose?


 

post a comment